Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Office Space


I can't help but to make all the spaces I occupy, my own. And that includes my office at work.  It's not very big and there is no window, but there is a door and my name is on the plaque outside the door. Plus it has space for all of my supplies and things, so that's all I really need.  The walls are beige - obviously, I had no part it that decision, not only because employees don't usually get to choose the paint color for their offices, but also, I most likely would never paint my personal walls beige when there are so many other glorious colors (yes, I said glorious).  But, I can work with beige.  It is a great neutral backdrop on which to add my own little touch. 

How about this really cool wall clock made by George Nelson from my favorite store Home Goods. Isn't it cool!  It would look great in my apartment too.  Too bad the nice guy that hung it up for me, didn't center it on the wall very well.  Oh well.  (Apparently, I took this picture at 1:37pm one day).




My office is basically a square and there are two walls that are empty above the furniture, the third one has a wall of high file cabinets and the other one has the clock and the office door.  I have three framed photos that I am going to put on the wall behind me, stacked vertically.  I just have to get nicer frames.  But on the opposite wall which is the space above my desk, I've decided to do something special.  It's too wide to just put some dinky frame on the wall, so I happened to see this really cool metal wall art piece with interlocking circles in various sizes (from my favorite store) that I am turning into a picture collage.  You'll notice the color is dark brown and of course it wasn't going to stay that color and since you know me by now, you'll know before I even write it - I painted it white!  I spray painted it actually and it's now white.  You will also notice that there are candle holders which I hope to be able to use to attach matted photos to.  You won't even know they are there when I'm finished.  I'll talk more about that in the update to this post.  In the meantime here's the before and after of the wall hanging.  Do you see the two tiny circles that are used to hang this piece?  See that they are not aligned?  The left side needs to be lifted up a little bit and that is how the piece will really look when on the wall.  Do you see what I mean?  Another way to say it, is that the two big circles are actually horizontally even when hung on the wall.  I am bothering to point this out and explain it because I want you to be able to picture it. Anyway, I think it's going to be really cool when it's done.
 
 
Before:

After:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and Stay tuned for more creativity!

1 comment:

  1. That clock is really cool! And I can't wait to see the wall hanging up on the wall!

    ReplyDelete